Sep 10, 2023

Opportunity to apply for J-1 Exchange Visitor Program

Dear Members and friends of the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce,

We are now offering our members the possibility to apply for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program via our Partner organization – The French-American Chamber of Commerce (FACC-NY). The FACC-NY, has been an accredited sponsor of J-1 Visas by the U.S. Department of State since 1971. J-1 Visa programs allow Swiss and American organizations operating in the U.S. to send global young talent for internships and training to U.S. organizations for up to 18 months.
Please find attached a flyer with more details. You will find more information on the FACC-NY’s website.


Why work with the FACC-NY to bring in J-1 interns and Trainees?

  • Speed: FACC-NY processes applications within 6-8 weeks contingent on document completeness
  • Low Cost: Competitive Fees
  • Efficiency: No immigration lawyer needed; orientation call scheduled with new companies
  • Support: FACC-NY team is always available from application start to end date
  • Value: Exceptional Customer Service

Contact us if you and your company are interested. We will then connect you with our partners at the FACC-NY, who will be your main contact for the actual processing of the J-1 visa.

Contact us

Exchange Visitor Visa


Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Exchange visitor (J) visas are nonimmigrant visas for individuals approved to participate in exchange visitor programs in the United States.

The J-1 classification (exchange visitors) is authorized for those who intend to participate in an approved program for the purpose of teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, demonstrating special skills, receiving training, or to receive graduate medical education or training.


J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to research scholars, professors and exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, especially to obtain medical or business training within the U.S. All applicants must meet eligibility criteria, English language requirements, and be sponsored either by a university, private sector or government program. J-1 visa holders must return home for two years following visa expiration so they impart cultural knowledge learned in the United States.